Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Seriously

I swear we cannot go anywhere without making spectacles of ourselves; as if having 5 kids in tow isn't enough!!!!

Colin chose Cheesecake Factory for his birthday dinner last night... so we arrived around 7 with several VERY tired kiddos (one who just started Kindergarten - who, by the way, doesn't even need me to walk him into school) hoping to get a quick dinner and head to Barnes & Noble for Colin to choose some books as part of his birthday presents.  I mean, the food is good, but not 1 and 1/2 hours good.. on a school night when Gavin and Colin have to get back to their mom's house and other kids need to get into bed!!!!  Geez!!!


However, I enjoyed very much getting to talk to Gavin about 8th grade; he's such a cutie and FAR smarter than he gives himself credit for... We talked about how I went to three different Junior Highs and how 8th grade was when I moved to Texas... and about how horrible it was!  We talked about being nice to the new kids because it can be very hard for them... and he told me all about a new kid from Atlanta that he's becoming friends with.  Awesome. =)

Colin was at the WAY other end of the table slurping down Strawberry Lemonade.  I did hear him belting out some low notes that he was learning in GT Choir.  Apparently, it's much harder than regular Choir???  OK... =)  Terry will have to fill me in on the rest of his first couple days of 6th grade!

Then Aedin was in the restroom not feeling well.  She wanted me to climb over the stall wall to come be with her and it reminded me of a silly story of how my best friend and I in 7th grade locked the doors and then climbed over the walls in the bathroom stalls so that all the bathrooms would be locked for people who would want to use the restroom.  Aedin then shared with me... that oh, she did that in first grade, but they went under the stalls instead of over... WHAT?!?!?  I'm in for a long ride here.  HAHAHAHA....


And to add to that, Aedin was upset because I wouldn't let her get the $27 Beef Ribs for dinner... REALLY CHILD????  Geez... Then, Dylin managed to almost bite off her finger eating (at least she sure made it sound like she'd lost a finger), and Olsin spent most of the time stealing all the silverware and banging it on the table and tracing outlines on the wall.  At one point I think something flew across the restaurant; I took it all away then!  He finished off the meal choking and throwing up all over the place.  It was awesome. Then he tried to eat some french fries because he was hungry.  ugh....

So, I think Colin had a good birthday overall... well, we have this weekend to try again! ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment