Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day of School... My first day HOME ALONE!!!!!

Muahahahhaahaa!!!! I start a new chapter in my life RIGHT NOW.  I wasn't sure what to do with all my free time so I decided to start a blog!  Let's see how long this lasts...

Well, today is the first day of school.  Traditionally, Terry stays home to take the kiddos to school with me and to help ensure everything runs smoothly.  Well, after dragging myself out of bed at 6 a.m., I started steaming all the kids clothes.  About 6:20 when it was about time to wake up the kids (we usually do that together, especially for the first day of kindergarten)... I realized that Terry had already gone to work!  (Mucho for him to do there!!!) And then I realized that I had forgotten to finish filling out Olsin's paperwork.  Ugh... That started my panic mode.  All the things I was going to do, I couldn't do because it was just me now.  No more home-made breakfast; cereal it was... and kids needed to wake up NOW!

Aedin made her way to the sofa in the middle of the night....
Dylin all snuggled up...
Olsin in his "baseball" bed. =)

Dylin Cooperating. =)
Dylin woke up right away making sure to point out to me that she was the only one cooperating. hahaha.

Olsin just rolled over and Aedin pulled the "I am awake."  I replied with the "It doesn't count if you're awake and not moving!!!"  So she started rolling around so I could see that she was moving.  Oh, third graders...

Olsin didn't like his outfit, wouldn't put it on.  Then decided that it was okay as long as he wore the blue camo boxer briefs (instead of the green ones) to match the blue clothes he was going to wear... so we changed.

Then, Aedin realized... after having tried on all the new clothes this weekend (and already ripping off all the tags) that the pants were too small for "sitting"... standing she was fine.  So, I had to find another pair of pants.

Olsin is very particular with his shoes and really needed his "gold" shoes for school  Those are the ones he can take off and on himself so I wanted those too.  But, found them in the laundry pile soaking wet.  Totally forgot that he was wearing them yesterday when he decided to go swimming in the fountain at town square fishing for money.  He got about 15cents too.  I managed to convince him to wear the "skater sneakers" he just got this summer.  whew.

Olsin climbing out of fountain...
with $$ in hand... so proud of himself! (Notice wet shoes!)

Dylin was making sure that I could see she was sitting to eat breakfast.

Finally, everyone was sitting to eat breakfast and I was frantically trying to find the brown paper bags (because the lunch boxes just weren't going to work anymore) to put lunch in... and Olsin puts his head down on the table, says, "I'm tired" and throws his shoes off and starts ripping off all his clothes.

NOOOOO!!!!!!!  We have to leave in 10 minutes!!! You have to put your clothes back on!!!!

Aedin helping Olsin put his shoes back on!

Well, we made it out the door 4 minutes late to ride bikes to school.

Yes, I'm taking pics while riding a bike.  =)
Dylin had one almost fall that cost us precious seconds but when we went through the tunnel Olsin's pants got caught on his bike and that made him mad.

So, he picked up his bike and threw it across the sidewalk screaming, "stupid bike!"  I politely smiled at all the people passing walking their kids to school... joking, "Well, I can tell Kindergarten's going to be fabulous today!"  Hhahahah...

Got him back on the bike and had lots of trouble because of all the people on the sidewalk... couldn't ride through the grass, so he kept falling.... and getting mad again and again.  =)

I dropped my bike and just walked with him the rest of the way to the bike rack.  Aedin and Dylin were patiently waiting for us.

As we were walking into school the gym teacher said she was excited to have the "little Waldorf" this year... Olsin liked this.  We got into the building with 5 minutes to spare.

Dylin walked her way to class while Aedin and I walked Olsin to class.  Walking down the hallway I actually started to get teary eyed... but he was so excited it didn't last.  In his classroom, there was so much chaos with kids crying, parents crying and fretting... that I sent Aedin off to her class; I was afraid that she'd be late.  I showed Olsin his desk, gave him a kiss and left... hoping he'd figure out what to do with his lunch and snack at some point during the day.

Ready to go!!! 
Ran to Aedin's class... couldn't find it, I was in the wrong hallway... found it, rushed in and gave my poor scared baby who didn't know what to do with her lunch a kiss....
not sure what to do with her lunch. =(
and ran to get to Dylin before the bell rang.  Bell rang and teacher let me in anyway.  =)  Got a kiss and a picture and went along my way.

Dylin in FIRST grade!
Stopped at the Boo Hoo coffee and didn't cry a drop!!!  Talked to some other Mommas, and saw Dylin walking down the hall to the front office... such a big girl!!!

I promise this story is WAY more interesting if you get to hear it straight from me... I am FAR more animated than words on a page... but it had to be written anyway.  =)

Cute pic from yesterday's Back to School Ice Cream... =)
Daddy and his babies. =)

6 comments:

  1. You see the great thing about this... is that we read it in our head the way we think you'd be saying it. So it is like you were telling us in person!

    Sounds like fun times to me! You were on your game this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great memories this day will evoke. I can just hear you telling us all about it and we even got photos to help tell the story.
    Good luck on keeping it up.
    Hope you're resting now = )
    PS - love the backdrop for your blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a great mom and it sounds like you deserve a medal for the morning. You will do great while they are at school and have more time for your many creative gifts. They are gonna have a great year! Can't wait to read your next blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I am so glad that you started this blog....and I hope that you find time to keep it up. The pictures are great to go with the story...and yes, like Brett says, we can HEAR you telling the story, with all the excitement that goes into it.

    I can't believe all your babies are in school!! You'll love having this to look back on. And SUPER cute pic of the kids with Daddy and ice cream!!

    xoox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved it Erika! Keep it up, but I'm not one to talk. Great to see your kids and read your voice! Can't believe Loralyn starts Kindergarten next year...
    ~Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for reading!!! I will try to always keep it "NOT BORING"... but unfortunately, that's not a promise! LOL =)

    ReplyDelete