Friday, September 3, 2010

Never a Dull Moment

MONDAY

You know, we always say that about our family but last night I realized I hadn't written anything on the blog all week.  I refuse to just ramble so I assumed that nothing worth reporting had happened this week and then all the memories started flooding back in...

Aedin and I went to Target Monday night after Dylin and Olsin were in bed (Daddy was home=) to find a new gymnastics leotard for her, as she is now in a pre-team class.  Eighty bucks later we didn't have a leotard but a bunch of stuff we apparently needed.  We did, however, settle on a tank top and shorts.  We got a matching set for Dylin too.  When I was pulling out of the Target parking lot something pinched my neck.  I figured it was the chunky necklace I was wearing so I reached to adjust it... when I noticed that what I felt DID NOT FEEL LIKE MY NECKLACE!!!!!

I slammed on the brakes, grabbed whatever was on my neck and threw it down into the console area of Terry's car. (Why I was driving Terry's car is another story.... another time=)  I jumped out of the car screaming and dancing around the parking lot because surely there was something ELSE on me.  I always feel that way anyway, once I find one bug on me.  Aedin at this point is screaming at the top of her lungs in the back of the car, unsure of what's going on.

I finally stopped my dancing around like a fool to rationalize with myself that at some point I WAS going to have to get back into the car.... and find out WHAT was in the console.  Turns out it was a cricket.   And normally I am not at all averse to the idea of picking up or catching a cricket for Olsin to play with... but there's just something about having to pick up something that was just ON me... and on my NECK!

Rationalizing again... going to have to stop blocking entrance/exit to Target and go home at some point.  Ugh.

Grabbed said cricket and threw very far away.  Spent rest of car ride home scratching and jumping all over... so ridiculous I know.

Aedin eventually recovered from my psychotic display.  I'm surprised my children haven't told me that I embarrass them... yet.....

Sidenote:  had to take Terry's car to pick up bikes from school because it was raining after school and we couldn't ride home.  Guess who rode home anyway, ditching his sister doing so as she was going to ride with him so he wasn't alone.  As I'm driving down the street trying to catch up to where they would be to make sure they wouldn't be hit by a car... I see Dylin walking with my neighbor... huh?

Apparently, she was very upset because Olsin had left her and she didn't want to ride by herself and now she was freaking out because I had left her too.  Well, we finally caught up to Olsin who was more than happy to ride home all by himself... and upon arriving at home (after listening to Dylin freak out the whole way because she was so worried Olsin was going to get hit by a car - such a good heart, that one!) Olsin announced that HE WON! because he beat us there.  Try explaining to a 5 year old that it doesn't count when you leave someone behind... but I WON! yeah, we are still working on that one.  =)

TUESDAY

Dylin had dance class and it was Teacher Night at Chick Fil A so we dropped Dylin at dance and headed out to Chick Fil A only to realize that it was actually Thursday night, not Tuesday night.  Did we stay to eat anyway?  Nope.  Walked right out despite the confused looks on several employees' faces.  Ha.

WEDNESDAY

Dylin got a color change because she was talking while the teacher was at the restroom.  So it was another kid who "ratted" her out when the teacher got back.  =)  She claims she wasn't talking to anyone but just mouthing words to herself.  Funny thing is... that's totally believable.  I'm surprised the child can read... her brain doesn't slow down for anything; she's in a constant "Dylin" imaginary world that no one else can break into.

THURSDAY

Hung out in Dylin's room with the kids; they were putting on a show for me.  I really gotta start videoing this stuff.  Aedin played an accordian and did some gymnastics.  Dylin was the "pronouncer" as she called it and Olsin got out there to play some accordian and decided a few seconds in that it just wasn't for him and switched into air guitar mode and thrashed around.  He then switched into breakdancing and threw out a few handstands and rolled around on the floor in a totally awesome way, I gotta say.

Found out that Spy Kids 4 was looking for kid extras ages 9-11.  Submitted Aedin and Colin adding that they are literally months away from their criteria.  Sent info onto a friend whose son likes to act also.

FRIDAY

Olsin cut his hair at school, then he cut his sleeves and then he cut a big hole through the front of his shirt.  Each time being redirected by the teacher to not cut anything other than paper... and to do his work.  He managed to make it the whole week with green dots... and got a yellow one today.

My friend called to say her son got chosen to be an extra in Spy Kids 4.  We still hadn't gotten a call.  I panicked thinking maybe the files I sent were too large and I needed to resend them smaller... so I did.  Literally moments later, I received the call that Colin and Aedin had been chosen as extras.  I was very calm on the phone, hung up and started screaming up to Aedin that she was going to get to be in the movie.  She then screamed for a few minutes.  All is very exciting right now... we will find out more information in the next couple days.  What I know now is that Aedin and Colin won't be feeling well on Tuesday and will not be able to make it to school. =)



There is certainly MUCH MORE that I have missed... and I will add it as I remember. =)

2 comments: